A Texas Construction Accidents Lawyer
Construction sites are busy locations, with people, equipment, and large machinery ever-present and constantly on the move. Unfortunately, this combination often leads to accidents. When it does, the lawyers at Annie McAdams, PC, understand how to investigate what happened to determine who is at fault and hold those responsible for the injuries they cause.
Common Causes of Construction Accidents
There are a multitude of different ways injuries, and sometimes death can be sustained at a construction site, even with hard hats and steel-toe boots. Some of the most common are:
- Defective Equipment: Even when all the parties at a construction site follow the rules and safety precautions, accidents still sometimes occur due to a defective tool or piece of machinery. When this happens, it is necessary to determine what about the product was defective. Was it the design? Manufacture? Lack of maintenance?
- Falls: Working from extreme heights is commonplace on construction sites. Falls from tops of buildings, ladders, and scaffolding often result in catastrophic injuries.
- Caught In/Between: With so much movement, large objects, and industrial machinery, victims sometimes get caught in or between two different objects, causing injury.
- Electrocution: Exposed electrical wires and close proximity to power lines both contribute to industrial accident injuries at construction sites.
Liability in Construction Accidents
Determining liability in construction accidents can be problematic for several reasons. There are several questions your attorney will need answered to decide who the responsible party, or parties, are in your case. Some of them may be:
- Who or what caused the accident, and what was your relationship to them?
- Did the person or entity that caused the accident owes you a duty of care? If so, did their breaching that duty caused your injuries?
- Were you in an area you were authorized to be in when the accident occurred?
- Who was in charge when you were in the accident?
- Were all safety standards and regulations being adhered to when the accident occurred?
- Why were you on the construction site?
- Who is your employer?
A construction site, at any given time, has people from different industries present for different purposes. Why they are there, and their role in your accident, will need to be determined. Some of these people may be:
- Third-Party Vendors
- Property Managers
- Contractors & Subcontractors
- Private Citizens
- Equipment Manufacturers
- Construction Site Owner
A Relentless Texas Construction Accidents Lawyer
If you have been injured in a construction or any type of industrial accident, you need a personal injury firm that knows how to scrutinize what happened to you to determine the best way to proceed to recover the compensation you are due. At Annie McAdams, PC, we are relentless advocates for our clients injured in construction accidents. We conduct thorough investigations to determine who the responsible party is in your accident, and once we know that, we are able to devise a plan on the best way to move forward in your case. We may be reached by calling 713-785-6262 or via our contact page.